Thursday, March 13, 2008

What about Wales?


Last night I returned home to find that the postman had been unable to deliver a package because it needed to be signed for. I'm hoping it's the badges, how exciting. This means they will soon be winging their way to those that have asked for them.
I noticed whilst making a list of everyone's addresses, that there seem to be an awful lot of requests from Wales this time. Are things particularly bad in Wales, and is this recent, or have FGW been letting down the Welsh for a while now? I'd be interested to hear from you.
At the moment I am blissfully unaware of any FGW problems, because I am finding that using South West Trains to get to and from Windsor is a far calmer and more reliable experience, and the difference in the time is negligible, which is funny, since there are 13 stops between Waterloo and Windsor, and you would think it would be much slower.
Anyway, I don't mean to gloat while things are going well for me, as I know the rest of you don't have the choice to use a different train company, at least at the moment, though what with all these threats and rumblings from the Department for Transport about First Great Western losing its franchise, you never know. I'd be very interested to see if anyone else would be capable of running this, admittedly, very difficult part of the country's rail network.

6 comments:

ABP said...

It may be down to the fact that FGW have just nicked 5 class 150's off the Welsh!

Anonymous said...

There are some 180's going free of charge of the Welsh want them? One careful owner!

Lord Hutton said...

Your rapid journey to work is presumably due to an electrified railway, which the clever teenage micromanaging fascists at the DfT dont believe in, preferring to dream of Hydrogen powered trains (an obviously proven technology)

Lord Hutton said...

The badges have arrived thank you.
FGW have ticket inspectors on the train in the front half all week thanks to me letting my mouth off to their retail manager last week. First week since the Pacers that I have paid every day, so good for them for their response

Anonymous said...

if i have not made it clear.... please can i have a badge ;)

Anonymous said...

Are we actually celebrating the fact that the DfT might take over this franchise from FGW...honestly? At least FGW could just about manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery...
DfT take over, get rid of all the directors (yeah, even the new ones who are actually making some decent decisions) and keeping on everyone else that managed to bugger up that last xx years of trains service...

Applaud...me thinks not...